Saturday, February 7, 2009

PhotoCopy Your Ass

     Dear Clutter King,
     What should I do with all my letters, decades of them in many boxes? I never look at them but I'm saving them for my children and grandchildren to look at some day.
     Signed, Trapped in Time

     Dear TIT,
     I have some bad news for you: no one is going to look at those letters when you die; they are going to be thrown away unless you've passed on your pack rat genes to your children, which is very probable. It'll be a data dump and your heirs will be just as perplexed as you are now. What you need to do is go through them and prioritize them, then when you die your kids can at least save a few bundles of, say, the ones from YOUR grandmother. Or here's another idea: scan every single one to a disc! I'm sure you'd rather be doing Rachel Maddow (smart funny cute liberal--hey what more could we want?) but after a week of scanning they could all be on one little disc! We can put your whole life on one disc,  scan your clutter into cyberspace. And when you're done with that you can hop up on the machine and we'll photocopy your ass--pass THAT down to your grandkids, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment